Thursday, July 23, 2009

Strawberry Pie (Tart) with Chocolate Crust

Ever since I saw this post by Evan Kleiman, I knew I had to make this pie. How can one go wrong with strawberries and chocolate?



Thankfully, I had a chocolate tart crust mix from William-Sonoma in my cupboard so I made this in a tart pan instead of a pie dish.

I'm a little proud of this creation because I really didn't have a recipe to follow with measurements and all. Per Evan's instructions on her blog, she cooked some strawberries with some sugar and lemon zest on the stovetop. I cooked my strawberries with some lemon zest and 1/4 cup of sugar.



Then, we whipped a cup of heavy cream with some confectioner's sugar (I just eyeballed the amount of sugar). Here's my Evan whipping the cream-- I have to say he is getting quite good in the kitchen being careful not to make a lot of mess.

I then folded in half the strawberry mixture into the whipped cream. I spread the other half of the strawberry onto the cooked tart crust and layered the strawberry whipped cream on top.



I love watching Evan lick the bowl.



Yum!

Posted by Maria @ 2:34 PM