Wednesday, April 09, 2008

(Figs) Dates Wrapped In Bacon




plus




equals



Want to hear something funny? When we bought the box of dates at Trader Joe's I thought we were buying figs fully intending to wrap them in bacon and bake them. I even served them to my friend Jenny and told them they were figs. What was I thinking? She was too polite to correct me, I'm sure.

Anyway I cut the bacon in half, wrapped them around each date and baked them for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees. Instant delicious hors d'ouvres.

Even though they are dates instead of figs. It works even without the blue cheese.

Posted by Maria @ 2:15 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Wow, what a coincidence! I just made nearly the exact same thing last weekend... with the same dates and bacon from Trader Joes. I did a couple things differently though. I stuffed the dates with goat cheese and pecans first.

Posted by Blogger Danica @ 5:20 PM #
 

Ooh, I must try the next batch with goat cheese and pecans!

I forgot to post that you can take out the seeds before wrapping the dates in bacon.

Posted by Blogger Maria @ 10:14 PM #
 

I've done this recipe before. The dates were a bit too sweet and overpowering. Any solution to that?

Posted by Blogger gege @ 9:13 AM #
 
<< Home