Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Peach Pie Recap

So I took great liberties at the recipe for July. I had about 3.5 pounds of peaches and used the Peach, Apricot, and Cherry Pie recipe to make peach pie. I also did not have cornstarch so I looked it up and substituted cornastarch with flour (1 tablespooon of cornstarch = 2 tablespoon of flour).

As for the pie crust, I used Trader Joe's frozen pie crust. I've had way too many heartaches with pie crusts so I made life easy for me and bought one at TJ's. After tasting the pie, I vowed never to make pie crust again. Trader Joe's crust is flaky and delicious plus, I did not even have to roll it out. I also did not do the lattice top but instead put another pie crust to cover the fruit, cutting slits to let the steam out. Deeeelicious!

Letterpress July Goal: Print wedding invitation order.

Posted by Maria @ 5:12 PM