Wednesday, March 21, 2007

French Macaroon Recap

This was the second recipe I tried.

This recipe from Gale Gand was easy to follow and I made sure my batter was stiff. The first batch of cookies were hard to peel off from the parchment paper and in the end, I used the technique suggested on the first recipe when baking the cookies. The secret is to put the cookie sheet on the top rack for 8 minutes then turn it around and put it in the middle rack for another 8 minutes. You could then put a second cookie sheet on the top rack to start baking the next batch.

The first recipe took a long time and the cookies were flat. I didn't even bother to make the filling. Although making the first batch was unsuccessful in my book, the cookies did turn out great tasting and had a very chewy nature which my sister-in-law Sherry liked.

Letterpress February Goal: Start printing the notecards and start re-designing the website.

Posted by Maria @ 10:55 AM